What should I do if I am involved in an incident?
Spin’s highest priority is the safety of our riders and our community. If you have been involved in an incident, it is important to ensure you and others involved are safe and that you contact the emergency services if needed.
For the United Kingdom, Spin has purchased a motor insurance policy for damages sustained to third parties only as a consequence of an incident occurring whilst you are riding a Spin eScooter. The insurer is Allianz Insurance plc, situated at 57 Ladymead, Guildford, GU1 1DB.
In the event of an incident, you should take prompt action to notify Allianz of this. In order to enable Allianz to handle any claims that may arise, it is very important that you provide accurate and detailed information.
The information required is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your contact details (phone number and e-mail address)
- Your date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- eScooter VIN (a 17 character reference found on the right hand side of the base)
- Incident date & time
- Incident location
- Incident description (in as much detail as possible)
- Details of any third parties involved (name, address, contact details)
- Details of any damages sustained to third parties (e.g. bodily injury, property damage, vehicle damage)
- Any photos, videos or further supporting documents
You can notify Allianz using one of the following methods:
- Using the online notification form https://allianz.360sv.com/as/8ZHQbrn87YyWNdMz3mGSb8h6
- Calling 0370 1603102
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Allianz will then process the information that you provide and contact you if they require any additional details. Please note that it is very important that you as a rider do not accept liability, do not enter into negotiations or commit to paying or settling third party claims for damages.
Please sign in to leave a comment.