Let the adventure begin!
- Start by locating an available scooter by looking at the Spin App map. Approach the scooter and tap the orange “scan” button and follow the on-screen prompts guiding you through scanning the QR code on the handlebars.
- Once the scooter has unlocked it will need an initial kick-start to gain momentum before you hit the throttle. Without momentum, the throttle will not work. Make sure you follow this step
- If your ride still isn't starting please follow the troubleshooting instructions below
If you are experiencing an unknown technical issue, it's more than likely one of the below troubleshooting tactics will fix this:
- Ensure the mobile app is using the latest updated version,
- Ensure you have allowed Location Services While Using the App in your phone's settings,
- Force quit Spin app > reopen,
- Hard-Reset your phone,
- Uninstall app > reinstall > log back in (this step will also download the latest version,)
- Your phone’s software itself should be fully updated (Android or iOS).
If the above steps do not resolve the issue send us an email at email@example.com.
- If troubleshooting methods have failed, there may be a repair issue with the scooter. In this case, end the ride immediately and contact support. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please have the scooter’s 7 digit QR code number ready and the email address you signed up with so we can quickly prevent the scooter from being rented by other users until we can inspect the vehicle.
If you have any questions as a first-time rider regarding account set up or taking your first Spin ride -- feel free to send us an email at email@example.com