You are encouraged to wear helmets, for your safety.
You must obey all traffic laws.
Important things to remember while riding with Spin.
- No riding on sidewalks.
- Ride in the direction of traffic.
- Use appropriate hand signals while turning.
- Obey all signs and signals, including stopping at stop signs and red lights.
In general, you can park the bike wherever you'd like as long as it is parked responsibly. Please follow these guidelines below to park your bike.
- Bicycles shall not be parked in a way that impedes the regular flow of travel in the public way
- Bicycles shall be upright when parked.
Along with the general parking guidelines stated above, Spin users in Duke must abide by these specific parking guidelines as well.
- All bicycles on Duke’s campus must be parked upright at the designated bike rack areas. Bicycles are not allowed to be left at a location other than
a bike rack.
- Bicycles are never allowed to be parked inside any building on campus or near any campus landmarks or monuments.